January Sneak Peek at Something Worth Saving
JANUARY SNEAK PEEK
Something Worth Saving
Every month leading up to publication of my new novel SOMETHING WORTH SAVING (Kensington Books, November 2018), I’ll be giving readers a sneak peek of what’s to come.
This month I’d like to tell you about Lily. Lily is the cat narrator of Something Worth Saving. She has a different personality from Boo, the narrator of The Astonishing Thing. Here is the “Personality Board” I created when I was brainstorming the second book and trying to determine how Lily was different from Boo:
BOO (The Astonishing Thing)
- Sassy, snippy, sarcastic
- Funny (not always intentionally)
- Easily offended
- Loving, trusting
- Naïve and childish at times
- A little spoiled
- Thinks of herself as small and helpless, but is determined to help her family
LILY (Something Worth Saving)
- Bossy and confident, but kind
- Experienced hunter, athletic, outdoorsy
- Mouthy (meows until humans pay attention)
- Active: gives head butts, loves tummy rubs, stands on back legs and gazes up
- Curious, gets into trouble, wants to know how things work
- Beautiful and knows it, a show-off
- Wants to be heroic, but knows she may not be the true hero of this story
Despite their differences, both cats care tremendously for their humans!
Is your cat a Boo or a Lily?